Re: [News] [Linux] Investors Realise That Linux Threatens Microsoft, Which Has Just Two Cash Cows

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Linux] Investors Realise That Linux Threatens Microsoft, Which Has Just Two Cash Cows
  • From: "amicus_curious" <ACDC@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:46:32 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
news:1442385.Gb7948PXaQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Microsoft faces major market shifts
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I was hoping for more from my shares of Microsoft Corp. Has the company
> | lost its spark?
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | The majority of Microsoft's revenue and profit still comes from its
> | Windows operating system and Office productivity suite.
> |
> | Yet it must now deal with the trend toward software as a service,
> | in which software is delivered over the Internet and paid for
> | with licenses, subscriptions or advertising. Other challenges
> | are software piracy, regulatory scrutiny and competitors such
> | as Firefox and Linux.
> `----
>
> http://www.baltimoresun.com/technology/bal-bz.ym.leckey10jun10,0,510649.story?track=rss

Of course there is also the #1 corporate mail server, Exchange 2K7, and the
extremely profitable SQL Server 2K5 with 2K8 on the horizon.  Then there's
the #1 development environment VisualStudio 2K5 with 2K8 (Orcas) in beta
now.  Live Communications Server, too.  Share Point Server is a biggie as
well.  I don't think that you fellows are doing much homework.

You are obviously spending too much time playing with your ubuntu!