Re: [News] [Linux] 'Web-based' Ubuntu Introduced, Fedora 7 Praised in Review

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
<spam@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:48:56 +0100
<80o3k4-2k.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
>
>> And here's a version of Windows, Really Good Edition:
>>
>> http://fun.drno.de/flash/windows-rg-emulator.swf
>
> That's about the most accurate Windows emulator I've ever seen.

Gotta love that vicious humor. :-)

> I like this:
>
> "Windows was unable to shut down. This could be due to a build up of
> limescale on your processor."

Heh...missed that one.  Not that it surprises me.

> The manic clock is a nice touch too.

My understanding is that Win95 had a little, erm, problem
in October 95 at 2 in the morning on a certain day.
(I can't say I remember seeing it.)  Presumably that among
other things inspired said manic clock.  It was of course
quickly patched, if only to keep Microsoft's Customer
Support sane...

(One hopes Vista will eventually see sanity and just
use UTC internally for the realtime clock -- like many
installations of Linux already do.  It just makes things
simpler.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
  - allegedly said by Bill Gates, 1981, but somebody had to make this up!