Re: [News] Controversial Snooping Gives Reasons to Only Bank with Linux

John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 03:05:08 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
><newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>NZ banks demand a peek at customer PCs in fraud cases
>>

>>| The code also adds: "We reserve the right to request access to your computer
>>| or device in order to verify that you have taken all reasonable steps to
>>| protect your computer or device and safeguard your secure information in
>>| accordance with this code.
>
> Translation:
>
> If you're running Linux, claim accepted.
>
> If you're running Windows, you're screwed. Claim refused.

We discussed this a few years ago, when it turned out that several
insurance companies either refused to insure customer data on windows
servers, or charged a significant premium to do so.  Where risk is
assessed independently of religion, then things become much more clear.