Re: Controversial Snooping Gives Reasons to Only Bank with Linux

On Jun 30, 2:05 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> NZ banks demand a peek at customer PCs in fraud cases
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The code also adds: "We reserve the right to request access to your computer
> | or device in order to verify that you have taken all reasonable steps to
> | protect your computer or device and safeguard your secure information in
> | accordance with this code.
> `----
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBas...

At present, New Zealand banks (mostly Australian owned) settle just
about every case of internet banking fraud (but not mules), but are
wanting customers to have an an incentive to take proper care.  The
downside for the banks is that people may be put off internet banking
(some do not trust it because of viruses, worms, etc).

IMO the banks should hand out to everyone a specially adapted Ubuntu
CD for internet banking - unfortunately a winmodem driver  may be a
bit of a sticking point for dial-up customers.