Re: BBC: Oh no! The EU is after us for being Microsoft's b**ch and forcing Windows+DRM

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 30 June 2007 09:16 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>
>> I must protest :-)  Taking an active part in any democratic process
>> is never a waste of time.  Even spoiling a ballot paper is better
>> than not turning up.
>
> It's a tough choice, but the reality is that anyone who really believes
> in the political process is kidding themselves.
>
> If you don't vote, then you're throwing away your rights, disrespecting
> those who persevered to earn you those rights, and sending a clear
> message to the government that "I will not challenge your authority".
>
> OTOH, surely it is obvious by now that voting makes little difference in
> a society where the will of the people is blatantly ignored.
>
> I still remember Cheesy Blair's excuse for not holding a referendum on
> Europe, which was (paraphrased) "We won't have a referendum until the
> public is ready to vote my way". Or IOW, Blair only wants your vote if
> it's a vote he likes.
>
> Then theirs Dubya over in the U.S., with his declaration to reserve the
> right to "break any law [he] thinks is unconstitutional".
>
> Does anyone seriously believe that Democracy still exists anywhere?
>
> Did it ever?

Well, at least we try (to believe).

Better pretend we have (or strive to have) a democracy to live in what is
openly a state of anarchy (Mafia state) or totality.

Would you pick a regime that decides what you can and cannot read? What about a
government when you get thrown out the window for saying something
unflattering about the government (as we do here)?

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
Mem:    515500k total,   444004k used,    71496k free,     3880k buffers