Re: BBC: Oh no! The EU is after us for being Microsoft's b**ch and forcing Windows+DRM

[H]omer wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>
>> I must protest :-)  Taking an active part in any democratic process
>> is never a waste of time.  Even spoiling a ballot paper is better
>> than not turning up.
>
> It's a tough choice, but the reality is that anyone who really believes
> in the political process is kidding themselves.
>
> If you don't vote, then you're throwing away your rights, disrespecting
> those who persevered to earn you those rights, and sending a clear
> message to the government that "I will not challenge your authority".
>
> OTOH, surely it is obvious by now that voting makes little difference in
> a society where the will of the people is blatantly ignored.
>
> I still remember Cheesy Blair's excuse for not holding a referendum on
> Europe, which was (paraphrased) "We won't have a referendum until the
> public is ready to vote my way". Or IOW, Blair only wants your vote if
> it's a vote he likes.
>
> Then theirs Dubya over in the U.S., with his declaration to reserve the
> right to "break any law [he] thinks is unconstitutional".
>
> Does anyone seriously believe that Democracy still exists anywhere?
>
> Did it ever?

But, it is a great and wonderful thing to force the poll workers to
permit me to vote without showing any ID.  I make them exercise each
option of my variety of options, in my voting appearances at the polls!

I have also voted via absentee ballot, though that has it's risks of
being tossed out by the liberal Democraps.

So much for their respect for the military women and men who assure
their ability to exercise freedom!

Anyway, until all voting machines are running FOSS and can be audited on
the Internet by anyone, anytime, I will consider them all stooges of the
 party in power in each precinct!

I live in the land of hanging chad ballots, some of which were found
still stuck 7 thick in the manual punch, stacked and jammed in a
pollworker's car trunk, in Miami-Dade!

Reporters who found the warehouse full of pre-punched ballots were
prosecuted for trespassing by Janet Reno, back in the days prior to the
official poll openings, in 1992, instead of investigating her political
machine and the Democrat's illegal vote manipulations!

If VISA and MC can let you purchase securely on the web, like I do
frequently, on my Mepis Linux Systems using Firefox browser, it should
be quite easy for legal immigrants to register and also extend their Visa!

If only government could operate as efficiently as businesses... The
start is to open the OS up, running Linux.  Big Business run Linux.