Re: [News] 'Big Press' Descredits FSF, Defends Monopoly Abuser (OLPC Now in Talks with Intel)

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 30 June 2007 09:24 : \____

http://www.forbes.com/2007/06/29/gplv3-stallman-apple-tech-intel-cx_bc_0629techgplv3.html?partner=yahootix

>> I see they got rid of Dan, who was shilling for SCO and Microsoft at Forbes,
>> but this new guy isn't much better.
>>

> That article is amazing - it reads just like the troll drivel we get
> here[1].  I cannot understand how the serious American business press
> could even contemplate publishing such drivel - I've never read Forbes,
> and now I know that I never will.
>
> I would suggest that anyone wanting real business information should
> stick to the FT and the Economist - they would never publish such rot.
>
> Is this typical of US reporting now?  Is there no investigative
> journalism done any more?  If I were a yank journalist, I'd be very,
> very embarrassed.  If I were the owners of Forbes, I'd be looking for a
> new editor.

I'm glad you read and thought what I did. It's despicable. They get high
readership sadly. When Dan linked to my blog there, thousands of readers
followed, which tells me that tens of thousands (maybe more) are reading that
white collar drool. Some say you need to publish what the readers fancy.
Knowing the type which reads Forbed, maybe they do the right think. I'm
certain that George Bush is also very happy with the Fox slant.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
Cpu(s): 25.9%us,  4.4%sy,  0.9%ni, 64.5%id,  3.8%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st