Re: [News] GPLv3 Goes Live Today

____/ jim on Friday 29 June 2007 09:15 : \____

> "jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Happy "GPLv3 Day" !!!
>>>
>>> .----
>>> `----
>>>
>>> Over 5,500 Projects Slated to Adopt GPL 3, and counting.
>>
>> Is there a Cliffs Notes version of the GPL 3 floating around?
>>

> nevermind.....draft 4 looks pretty darned straightforward.....

Apologies for linking to self, but I'm too lazy to extract the original
sources.

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/05/18/gplv3-google-eben/

Google likes GPLv3.

href="http://boycottnovell.com/2007/05/10/gplv3-apache-alan-cox/

Alan Cox likes GPLv3.

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/02/24/another-step-towards-gnusolaris/

Sun likes GPLv3.

href="http://boycottnovell.com/2007/06/13/gplv3-dual-kernel/

Linux is left with no choice but to consider GPLv3 because Sun and Alax Cox
like it.

href="http://boycottnovell.com/2007/05/24/eben-moglen-gplv3-adoption/

Eben Moglen expects wide adoption of GPLv3.

Microsoft spreads FUD as usual, by hiring 'academics' and calling its lobbying
arms such as CompTIA and ACT, then having 'placements' in the mainstream
press. Dozens if not hundreds of them...

Poor Microsoft. In at least 3 interviews they admitted that they hate GPLv3.
It'll crush them. Yesterday they sent Jim Finkle to spread some Red Hat FUD in
Reuters, using very old news and twisting it. Jim Finkle was caught lying
before and he probably did this again since Microsoft pisses in its pants
today (and it's not because of the iPhone).