[News] Two More Wins for Linux-based VoIP (PBX)

  • Subject: [News] Two More Wins for Linux-based VoIP (PBX)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:39:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Q&A: Pakistan's Convergence Leverages Sangoma for Number Portability

,----[ Quote ]
| We chose to deploy an Open Source solution based on the Asterisk
| platform (albeit with a number of customization, modification and
| design parameters for telco grade service) for four main reasons
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/applications/articles/7995-qa-pakistans-convergence-leverages-sangoma-number-portability.htm
http://tinyurl.com/2s9pnj

NewMarket Technology, Inc. Partners with Digium, Inc., the Asterisk Company, to
Expand VoIP SMB Market Share

,----[ Quote ]
| XIPTEL's back office system designed and built internally from the
| ground up, is a high performance, easily scalable environment built
| entirely on proven open source technologies, using Linux, Apache,
| MySQL, and PHP. XCCP has been running XIPTEL's back office with key
| functions since early 2006.
`----

http://www.marketwirecanada.com/2.0/release.do?id=746561

Alfresco, which is GPL-ed (dual) also celebrates a win.

Alfresco Closes Successful Quarter with Major Customer Wins, Expanded Partner
Network and Industry Awards

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,129677.shtml#4735352545097433869

Related:

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech says its development framework and software stack for mobile
| devices was selected by Skype as the preferred platform for Skype-certified
| VoIP (voice-over-IP) phones. Additionally, the Qtopia framework/stack has
| been used in about 40 VoIP devices, making it the "dominant Linux
| development platform for VoIP/WiFi devices," according to Trolltech.

Open source VOIP connects to business

| Nearly three years since Jon "maddog" Hall predicted that "VOIP using
| an open source solution, such as Asterisk, will generate more business
| than the entire Linux marketplace today," open source VOIP for the
| enterprise remains a wild frontier.
`----

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;822679902;fp;2;fpid;2

Open-Source VOIP Made Easy

,----[ Quote ]
| Review: AsteriskNow GUI lowers barriers to entry and eases the
| transition from testing to deployment.

Replacing your legacy phone system with Trixbox

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxforums.org/applications/replacing_your_legacy_phone_system_with_trixbox.html