Re: [News] Video: Ubuntu Linux Simplified to Secure Its Future on the Desktop

BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> An open Linux future [Video]
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | IBM has supported Linux since the early days to give users more
>> | choice, according to IT architect Hamid Khafagy.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.ameinfo.com/124832.html
>>
>> He talks about Ubuntu when the reporter (who obviously uses Windows)
>> insists that Linux must be only for geeks. When will reporters that are
>> not 'zombies' finally be hired?
>>

> We can look at that the other way round. You know I'm not a fan of
> jernos,

What's a jerno?

> but still in a reflection of the ignorance of their readers, they have some
> value.

That makes zero sense. None whatsoever.

> The questions I get tend to be still on the lines of 'what is Linux'
> or 'can Linux do what windows does'.
>
> Those around me are used to my lectures now because I've harped on about
> Linux for years. The difference now is that they are starting to hear about
> it from other places. On the news, in their favourite computer mags,
> and

You mean from "jernos"?  Those who are "still in a reflection of the
ignorance of their readers"?

> even in non-computer mags. So the questions are more pointed and asked by
> potential converts.

The pointed questions being

"The questions I get tend to be still on the lines of 'what is Linux' or
'can Linux do what windows does'."

as you said above? Very pointed alright.

> When Dell give Linux a prominent place in their advertising then that will
> make a major change. We have all had battles with Dell at one time or
> another, but they are still a respected name out there amongst general
> users.

I haven't. I have always found DELL to be professional and courteous and
deliver top quality, reliable HW. Its how they became #1.

Why do COLA "advocates" have to denigrate so many other people?

>> Did Microsoft copy the Ubuntu Logo?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Did Microsoft copy the Ubuntu Logo? Take a look at this image and
>> | judge for yourself, comments are welcome.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/jun/26/did_microsoft_copy_the_ubuntu_logo
>
> It is very simmilar isn't it, I suppose an advertiser might say that the
> sentiment of the logo is exactly matched.

"No they both stole it"

http://www.scrippshealth.org/media/images/logo_scripps.gif

--
Your job is being a professor and researcher: That's one hell of a good excuse
for some of the brain-damages of minix.