[News] [Linux] AMD Moves Towards Improving Power Management on Linux

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] AMD Moves Towards Improving Power Management on Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:48:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Novell, AMD sync up on SUSE Linux power management

,----[ Quote ]
| PowerNow! is a dashboard-based application that conserves power in
| AMD-based computers. The CPU's clock speed and VCore is automatically
| decreased when the computer is under low load or idle to save power
| and reduce heat.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1262301,00.html
http://tinyurl.com/39l3kz

Related:

Intel announces the PowerTOP utility for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| What's eating the battery life of my laptop? Why isn't it many more
| hours? Which software component causes the most power to be burned?
| These are important questions without a good answer... until now.
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/5/11/365

Linux going green

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit, held last week at the
| Google Mountain View, Calif. campus, featured a "Green Linux"
| initiative to boost power management in the platform.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatch/archives/012549.html#6690252001063892125

Report: Linux, open source greener than Windows

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1246762,00.html?track=sy184
http://tinyurl.com/38cge3