Re: I have more than hundread links in my site map page

____/ dk_sz on Saturday 23 June 2007 16:16 : \____

>> I have more than hundread link on my site map -
>> http://www.xpert4u.co.uk/mobile/phones/mobile-sitemap.xml is it good
>
> In Google XML sitemaps protocol a single
> sitemap file can contain up to 50.000 urls.
>
> However, if it was a HTML sitemap, I would say
> limit yourself to 100-200 pages.

My experience shows that a PR2 page with ~1000 links has all the cited pages
indexed (or at least cached). The inherited PR is very low (around 0). This is
one among many such cases, so probably no coincidence here. with broadband, a
page this large should be tolerable to a human, I think.

Roy S. Schestowitz \ Spread Mozilla Firefox. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
 17:20:01 up 7 days, 22:48,  5 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.59, 0.79