[News] [] The Key to Mark Shuttleworth's Success Was Linux

  • Subject: [News] [] The Key to Mark Shuttleworth's Success Was Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:01:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu's Mark Shuttleworth: Prepare for the Shared Software Tidal Wave

,----[ Quote ]
| "I was poor. I was desperate. I wanted to be on this bandwagon of this
| Internet thing, and I wanted to find a business that wouldn't require large
| amounts of bandwidth or large amounts of capital. The key was Linux. It was
| Linux that let me connect to the Net so I could start soaking up this
| knowledge," said Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu Linux.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/57946.html#9658053938283903337

The same story with Google. Bill Gates, on the other hand, just came from a
very wealthy family and found corruption/deceit to be a powerful tool, not
Linux.