Re: badvista

____/ Attila on Sunday 24 June 2007 14:11 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Attila on Sunday 24 June 2007 08:47 : \____
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> This looks like an interesting site:
>>> http://badvista.fsf.org/
>>> For those who already know about it, has anyone been able to access it
>>> via a newreader? It claims to be on gmane but I haven't been able to find
>>> gmane.politics.activism.badvista.advocate
>>> on the gmane newsserver.
>>> TIA,
>>> Att
>>
>> I can recall them having a mailing list set up (seen a thread or two), but
>> gmane limits the number of lists that it keeps track of. In any event,
>> BadVista has two RSS feeds that you can keep track of. One is for the blog
>> and another is for a series of good links that are maintained in
>> del.icio.us and get pulled into their CMS. These BadVsiata feeds have been
>> very inactive however. The blog was only active for a couple of weeks
>> before criticism about FUD and FSF taking an offencive stance began. The
>> del.icio.us stream is still rarely updated. It captures the main
>> development one needs to be aware of. No cruft.
>>
> Thanks for the info, Roy. There was a reference to them in the Linux Journal
> so I had a look. I'll save my energies for more active NGs like this
> one :-)
> Cheers and may the code be with you,
> Att

:-) Quite a bit of coding over the weekend. Change of a Web server still
require some hacking of PHP scripts which I did write. If it were closed and
proprietary, I'd be lost (as in "goodbye software", just as in Vista
compatibility woe).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
Mem:    515500k total,   445452k used,    70048k free,     2592k buffers