[News] [Rival] Microsoft Pays Companies to Spread Patent FUD, But Fails to 'Buy' the Real Players

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Pays Companies to Spread Patent FUD, But Fails to 'Buy' the Real Players
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 05:51:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Red Hat doesn't need a deal with Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| What is transparent is the message coming out of one side of Microsoft's
| mouth which tries to convince customers there is a threat of legal
| action against them should they dare to use Linux and/or open source
| software without paying Microsoft for the privilege. The biggest
| unknowns in the Xandros and Linspire deals is how much money
| Microsoft paid them to bolster that message.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/115066

The Distros Microsoft Missed

,----[ Quote ]
| And no matter what company or distribution you prefer to use, I think we
| should all give Mandriva a big round of applause for doing the right
| thing when it would have been so easy to take the deal and bolster
| their company's bottom line.
|
| So yes, Microsoft landed Novell, Xandros, and Linspire. But they didn't
| get the biggest Linux company. Or the one that's the most popular right
| now. Or even the one that perhaps could have used the help more than any
| other distro.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/it_management/2007062202826OPMDLL

First they paid SCO, and now they pay Novell, Xandros, and Linspire. This
should not be legal, but politicians look the other way.