Re: [News] [Evil] More Evidence of Commerical Bias and Control in US Media

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Evil] More Evidence of Commerical Bias and Control in US Media
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 05:49:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

> Dow Jones submits plan for editorial independence: report
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The proposal calls for a Special Committee on Editorial and
> | Journalistic Integrity and would limit News Corp.'s ability to
> | control the Wall Street Journal brand.
> `----
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070623/wr_nm/dowjones_newscorp_dc

I'm not sure which scenario is worse; 'Dame Edna' Murdoch's pwning The
Dow Jones, or Sweaty B.

If Murdoch gets it (very likely), the WSJ might suddenly develop a
decidedly anti-British stance (just look at Fox), and if Sweaty gets it
(very unlikely, since they pulled out of negotiations), you can wave bye
bye to all those glowing Apple reviews.

Oh well. Fortunately I don't have to read any Murdoch-influenced drivel.
For those rare occasions that I actually read about non-tech news, and
those even rarer occasions when I read that news off dead trees, I have
my local paper to serve those needs:

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk

Researching their pedigree revealed a rather complex structure.
Apparently the P&J is owned by Northcliffe Media Limited:

http://www.thisisnorthcliffe.co.uk

In turn, Northcliffe is owned by Daily Mail and General Trust Plc.:

http://www.dmgt.co.uk

Which (thankfully) is not pwned by 'Dame Edna' Murdoch.

> Have a look at this cartoon:
>
> http://bp0.blogger.com/_pte2XO66Nwg/Rnydz2fDMQI/AAAAAAAAAw4/LHUmaiSIiKo/s1600-h/Funny_Windows_Vs_Linux.gif

http://gobnf.org/i/jg/db040723.gif

Also you should review these:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=outfoxed

And the main Website:

http://www.outfoxed.org

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "People are not happy in stinking hellholes of abject poverty, what
| is true is that once you cross subsistence ... additional increases
| in wealth have virtually no effect on well-being ... This is worth
| knowing in case you have a choice between "X" and making more
| money, almost certainly "X" is what you should choose."
|   - Barry Schwartz
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 05:48:09 up 18 days, 17:33,  4 users,  load average: 0.58, 1.01, 1.23