Re: [News] Antitrust Complaint Raises Against BBC's Microsoft Monopoly Play

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 23 June 2007 12:16 : \____

>> Open sourcers rattle EU sabre at BBC on demand player
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The BBC is being threatened with an anti-trust challenge in Europe over its
>>| use of the Windows Media format in its on demand service, iPlayer, which is
>>| in the final stages of testing.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/22/iplayer_osc_eu_ofcom/
>>

> Quite right too - the use of a proprietary format by the BBC is one of
> the most appalling decisions I've ever seen in my life - the BBC, of all
> organisations, really should know better.  Can someone find Ashely
> Highfield a job where he can do no damage?  Scheduling or something?

There's an article about the WSJ today... about journalistic independence (from
Murdoch). If Mr. Highfield did scheduling then he could air some programs that
glorify Mr. Gates. You know how it goes... the BBC has already been accused of
doing this with Vista and Gates and the charade goes on today with Silverlight
and Photosynth.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
 14:20:01 up 6 days, 19:48,  6 users,  load average: 1.87, 1.62, 1.65