Re: Website updates

"Roy Schestowitz" wrote ...
> It's been a long time since I last SEO'ed, but do DMOZ links still count a
> lot?
> Are any of them actively maintained at all? A couple of years ago
> submission
> to DMOZ seemed like a total waste of time.

No submission to a quality directory is a waste of time - especially for new
sites.

And, whatever your experience of ODP, if it isn't 'quality', please name one
general directory that's better  ;o)

With directories, quality isn't an absolute; ODP isn't perfect, but it's
streets ahead of 98% of directories; you may find some crap categories, and
some crap editors (even some crap meta editors), but to dismiss it is like
writing off Wikipedia completely on the basis of a few fake professors.
There just ain't no perfect sites out there!

Plus, of course, ALL links are less important these days, not just ODP, not
just directories.

(Puts on flame proof underwear)
--

Andrew