Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Cheats on Patches Count, Patches Holes Slilently

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, William Poaster
<wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:11:06 +0100
<qgdqk4-7j6.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> It was on, or about,  Thu, 21 Jun 2007 06:06:33 +0100, that as I was
> halfway through a large jam doughnut, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Yum. :-9

>> ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 21 June 2007 04:50 : \____
>
> <snip>
>
>>> I see Mike Cox is now trolling zdnet.
>>
>> Haha! He's hilarious.
>>
>> "Think of Microsoft as an all-knowing tenured professor. It knows what
>> it is best for you, knows how much you can handle and knows what
>> information you need to know. I meet with Windows developers regularly
>> and they are pretty adamant that they know what is best for everyone. I
>> fully agree and tell my rep "ignorance is bliss, especially when the
>> Vista WOW is NOW!". My rep then thanks me with various shirts and pens
>> that "make my day" all it can be. Why lose sleep over security holes or
>> vulnerabilities? The easiest thing to do is deploy, and deploy without
>> prejudice. Then, and only then, will you undersstand the true power of
>> the WOW."
>
> Well if *that* doesn't stink of a M$ shill....

I'm definitely tempted to say "Wow" at this point, though
not because I'm impressed with Vista.

Wow.

Of course Microsoft's cheated on us before; LBA32, for
instance, according to Andrew Schullman, got slipped
into Windows for Workgroups prior to its publicization in
Windows 95.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #8830129:
std::set<...> v; for(..:iterator i = v.begin(); i != v.end(); i++)
    if(*i == thing) {...}