[News] Microsoft Says Farewell to Backward Compatibility, Even with XBox

GDC: Xbox 360 backwards compatibility soon to be forgotten

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=105410&AFC-HSUIT&ATTR=DIGG

| "The reality is that it's in companies' interest that software should
| become obsolete and that you should have to buy every upgrade,"
| Rose says. We could be on the cusp of a turning point, though, in the
| way businesses and their customers think about digital preservation.
| "Things will start to change when people start losing all of their personal
| photos," Rose said.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/books-information-preservation-tech-media_cx_ee_books06_1201acid.html?partner=yahootix
http://tinyurl.com/yyjqoh

Vista Breaks Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| The big secret at Redmond is that existing applications and new
| products will not work with Vista.
|
| Microsoft really doesn't want you to know this, but many of your
| existing applications won't work with Vista. In fact, some brand
| new products won't work with Vista.

Vista breaks 90% of games, claims game publisher

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/30/vista_games/