Re: Microsoft's re-invention of the jpeg

__/ [ Robert M. Stockmann ] on Friday 09 March 2007 22:55 \__

,----[ Quote ]
| Subject:  Microsoft wants you to use its photo file format
|
| I wouldn't trust Microsoft with the plain-text file format, let alone
| an image file format. I can't think of any other operating system that
| uses 2 characters (\r\n: carriage return and newline) just to produce
| a line break.
|
| ttly
`----

I bet Microsoft Develo^Hers will 'extend' it and infect the Web with it.
Think of all the legacy appliances that support JPEG, but will no longer be
capable of rendering our photos. Breaking old stuff is, after all, how
proprietary software vendors force people to upgrade and increase revenue.

Publish And Perish

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/books-information-preservation-tech-media_cx_ee_books06_1201acid.html?partner=yahootix
http://tinyurl.com/yyjqoh

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Mandriva & Fedora - Gotta love them girls
Mem:    514480k total,   479460k used,    35020k free,    10488k buffers