Re: [News] Windows Spewage (SPAM) Leads to Stock Market Overhaul

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 09 Mar 2007 10:51:07 +0000
<14328508.0b7tTnjBIX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> SEC goes after stock spammers, hackers
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The SEC action to freeze the assets is the third filed in as many
> | months involving market manipulation schemes conducted through
> | online account intrusions. In the past the SEC has also taken
> | action against individuals who allegedly broke into financial
> | news Web sites or news release services.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | "When spam clogs our mailboxes, it's annoying. When it rips
> | off investors, it's illegal and destructive," SEC Chairman
> | Christopher Cox said in a statement.
> `----
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-7348_3-6165804.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
>
> With about 100 billion SPAM per day, everything is possible.

Except maybe actually moving mountains. :-)  In any event,
spam can't do much, except clog one's inbox.  (It could
sap one's bank account if one has to pay for incoming
email's bandwidth, I suppose, and one might get them for
attempting to sucker potential investers.  But it doesn't
rip them off directly.)

> Related:
>
> Spam Made Up 94% Of All E-Mail In December

Ick.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Woman?  What woman?"