Re: Official OSS website: "Server not found"

  • Subject: Re: Official OSS website: "Server not found"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:41:31 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ gordon ] on Friday 09 March 2007 14:09 \__

> "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Firefox can't find the server at www.blueeyedos.com."
>>

>> Another one bites the dust...
>>

> So give us a link that says this site is an OFFICIAL OSS site? never heard
> of it personally....

Me neither. Just some obscure project. On the other hand, the
Microsoft-oriented programmer DFS would be happy to hear this news from last
week:

Microsoft will be phasing out the GotDotNet site by July 2007

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.gotdotnet.com/default.aspx

>From recent months:

Developers Embrace Java, Drop Visual Basic

,----[ Quote ]
| Use of Visual Basic has dropped 35% since the spring, says a
| poll of more than 430 North American developers done by research
| company Evans Data.
|
| [...]
|
| Developers have abandoned Microsoft's Visual Basic in droves
| during the last six months, and they're using Java more than any
| other development language, according to a recently published
| survey.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196600515

Study: Developers Favor Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "Regardless of what kind of developer you are, you're still trying to
| make a living, and target the operating system that?s controlling the
| market."
|
| However, in the most recent survey, the developers' forecast of their
| target platform has changed. For the first time, these developers said
| that in the next 12 to 18 months they expect to be developing more Linux
| apps than Windows apps.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3645766

TIOBE Programming Community Index for November 2006

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tiobe.com/index.htm?tiobe_index

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
roy      pts/1                         Fri Mar  9 09:55 - 09:56  (00:00)