Re: [News] Has Microsoft Given Up on Windows? No Patches At All for 0-Day Vulnerabilities!

On 2007-03-09, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Microsoft takes a 'Patch Tuesday' break
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft has no new security updates planned for Tuesday, despite
>| at least five zero-day vulnerabilities that are waiting to be fixed.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6165647.html
>
> This is truly shocking. And here's a good quote that warns of exactly that
> sort of thing:

   The patch break could be a welcome respite for IT managers still
   busy testing the dozen fixes Microsoft released last month. Also,
   many IT pros may be occupied with the switch to daylight saving
   time, which at the behest of Congress, is happening three weeks
   earlier this year.  Many computer systems don't have that change
   programmed in and require patching.

It may be a "welcome respite" for some. Tell people how lucky they are
to have unpatched zero-day exploits sitting on their machines so MS can
retool its marketing machine again, though. I'd see the clock as being
something that is a little less worrisome.

--
Linux: It just _works_.
Windows: It _just_ works.