Re: [News] Has Microsoft Given Up on Windows? No Patches At All for 0-Day Vulnerabilities!

AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On 2007-03-09, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> Microsoft takes a 'Patch Tuesday' break
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Microsoft has no new security updates planned for Tuesday, despite
>>| at least five zero-day vulnerabilities that are waiting to be fixed.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6165647.html
>>
>> This is truly shocking. And here's a good quote that warns of exactly that
>> sort of thing:
>
>    The patch break could be a welcome respite for IT managers still
>    busy testing the dozen fixes Microsoft released last month. Also,
>    many IT pros may be occupied with the switch to daylight saving
>    time, which at the behest of Congress, is happening three weeks
>    earlier this year.  Many computer systems don't have that change
>    programmed in and require patching.
>
> It may be a "welcome respite" for some. Tell people how lucky they are
> to have unpatched zero-day exploits sitting on their machines so MS can
> retool its marketing machine again, though. I'd see the clock as being
> something that is a little less worrisome.

Isn't it amazing how Microsoft have managed to spin this whole security
patching thing.  Now they're trying to make a virtue from their own
failure to actually /fix/ the problems they presently have...