Re: kempin: we need a hit team to attack IBM ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Friday 02 March 2007 19:07 \__

> From: Bill Gates
> To: Joachim Kempin; Steve Ballmer
> Cc: Jonathan Lazerus; Mike Maples
> Subject: IBM helps LOTUS
> Date: Sunday, March 20, 1994 11:29 PM
>
> This is one topic I really want to try to get to the bottom of. Why does
> IBM help LOTUS so much? Is there anything we can do about this? Should
> it become an issue in our global relationship with IBM?
>
> I think CC:MAIL is a real problem for us because of IBM. I think
> Smartsuite is a lot stronger because of IBM. IBM uses Smartsuite as
> their internal standard.
>
> I want us to figure out how to solve this problem.
>
> We are helping IBM with PowerPC. We are being nice to the PC company on
> Chicago. We are willing to let IBM make money on our stuff. We want them
> to be the best solution provider. Thay are doing nice software on NT.
>
> We need to put more energy into this problem!
>
> From: Joachim Kempin
> To: Bill Gates; Steve Ballmer
> Cc: John Nellson; Jonathan Lazarus; Mile Maples
> Subject: RE: IBM helps LOTUS
> Date: Wednesday, March 23, 1994 9:13 AM
>
> IBM has a LOTUS NOTES product specilist in every district who helps in
> selling NOTES, paid by IBM. Every time this happens IBM receives 30% of
> the proceeds. We are unsure if this happens for other LOTUS products as
> well. We have entered another round of "partnership" talks with the PC
> company and mentioned this as an issue, but they claim thay can't fix
> this for us. IBM uses some cc:mail amd some smartsuite, but they not
> standardized on this as far as I know.
>
> I am unsure if we need to see this as an organizational issue or an OEN
> issue. I am willing to do whatever it takes to kick them out, but
> strongly believe we need a WW hit team to attack IBM as a large account,
> whereby the OEM relationship should be used to apply some pressure.
>
> http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/122106/PLEX0_2058.pdf

That's a good one. Dugg and Netscaped.

http://digg.com/apple/Leaked_Antitrust_Memos_Microsoft_Uses_Mac_Users_as_Guinea_Pigs
http://digg.com/linux_unix/Microsoft_s_Dirty_Tricks_Return_to_Life_Steve_Ballmer_s_OS_2_FUD
http://digg.com/linux_unix/Microsoft_Anti_competition_Exhibits_Don_t_Let_Big_Manufacturers_off_Hook
http://digg.com/software/Leaked_Microsoft_Memo_the_Kill_Lotus_Plan_PDF
http://digg.com/linux_unix/Newly_leaked_Antitrust_Memos_Microsoft_Deliberately_Corrupts_Documentation
http://digg.com/linux_unix/Leaked_Blast_from_the_Past_Microsoft_s_OEM_Manager_and_his_IBM_Hit_Team
http://digg.com/microsoft/Antitrust_Microsoft_s_OEM_Manager_Compaq_truely_sic_pisses_me_off
http://digg.com/software/Antitrust_Memo_Microsoft_offered_money_to_companies_for_destroying_rivalry

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"