Re: MS Shares

  • Subject: Re: MS Shares
  • From: BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:01:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Larry Qualig wrote:

> On Mar 5, 4:17 am, BearItAll <s...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The three month graph on reuters for Microsoft doesn't make very pleasant
>> reading. In fact I would say that the fall since the initial Vista peak
>> is dramatic. Go to the longer periods, 2 years say, and althoughMSisn't
>> hitting the all time low yet, it seems to be heading in that direction.
>> Well do you know of any great new product launch that will get that graph
>> heading up again? Is there some secret new super-software thatMShas
>> waiting in dispatch? Or even leveling out would be better than the
>> direction it is going.
>
> --- "MS shares... hitting the all time low yet..."
>
> Another idiot who probably can't make change for a dollar yet he
> thinks he knows something about the financial markets. Hint for you
> goober, Microsoft is a $275 Billion dollar company. This is nowhere,
> no how, no where even close to an all-time low. As a matter of fact,
> Microsoft is the 3rd largest company behind Exxon-Mobil (#1) and
> General Electric (#2).
>
> So sure... they are just about at their all time low. Idiot.

Thicko, let me explain it in a way that a thicko might understand.

You might buy a share today for $1. With the hope of selling it tomorrow for
$2. That is called profit. If however todays price is $0.50 then that is
called loss.

If you had a thousand MS shares at the very peak of the Vista period then
you had $31,000 if you held on to those shares until now, you only have
$27,000Â A loss (write that in your note book). If it looks like the down
trend will continue you have to decide if $27,000 is more or less than $0.
It is a tricky one, but I suspect that the majority would decide that $0 is
less than $27,000 and sell, a little loss is better than a big loss. That
part was probably too advanced for you, maybe you should go and have a
coffee break.