Re: [News] Eye Candy Made Very Easy to Activate in Linux

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Wednesday 07 March 2007 00:36 \__

http://ubuntudaily.blogspot.com/2007/03/proprietary-drivers-in-feisty-not-by.html

>>> I appreciate that, Roy - due April, and for the dumbos like me, give it a
>>> few weeks after release so that the gurus will have their answers ready
>>> for me?:-)
>>> I'm looking forward to it - sounds fantastic!
>>>

>> It would be really excellent to have a PPC nvidia 3D driver, so that my
>> elder lad's mac could share the 3D window manager fun, too.  Anyone feel
>> like persuading nVidia to help?
>
> I doubt it will be long Mark, the way things are going.
>
> Did you see the announcement (by the FSF?) a few weeks ago, along the lines
> of "If any of you H/W vendors will help us with the technical details of
> the H/W we'll write your Linux drivers for free"?

And earlier today I read about a loud request for nVidia dumps, in order to
make further progress on the Open Source 3D driver. They already have the
3-D cogwheels working. Open Source!

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
  3:05am  up 43 days  3:23,  7 users,  load average: 1.77, 1.18, 1.22