Re: [Old News] $100 Linux Laptop to Be Faster and Include More Features; WIntel Strikes Back

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 02:27:02 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>OLPC project distributes second round of beta units
>
>,----[ Quote ]
>| According to the release notes, the final release version of OLPC's XO
>| laptop will be faster and more durable than the BTest-2 units and will
>| include several additional features.
>`----

When will they be delivered.
When will these ghost machines be in the hands
of those that were supposed to get them?

I know you can't give an exact date so please just try
to pinpoint the year.  2010, 2015, 2020?
The 22nd century maybe?

Linux may be tolerable for the desktop by then.
Maybe.  Or not.