Re: [News] Novell Gets Millions from Organisational Changes

__/ [ flyer ] on Monday 05 March 2007 06:51 \__

> On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 04:11:19 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ flyer ] on Sunday 04 March 2007 23:57 \__

>>http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070228:MTFH27345_2007-02-28_22-44-53_N28256160&type=comktNews&rpc=4

>>> Hooking up with a psychotic criminal organization like MS would kill
>>> anyone or anything.
>>
>>Because of John Bailo I was trying to present the positive spin. The truth
>>of the matter (if you look at non-PR items) is that Novell is succumbing to
>>its -- dare I say -- death. As one article put it, Novell's is on
>>Microsoft's life support machine.
>>
>>While Novell has proven to be the next IBM, within a few years it will be
>>more akin to Marconi, which never found safe haven in latenative markets,
>>unlike IBM. Maybe Novell will be pleased to know that it grabbed a few of
>>its rivals into the same puddle of mud in the process, while giving its
>>former rival (and present partner) a few more months of survival (in
>>court). At present, with the most recent financial figures, Novell ought to
>>suck up to Microsoft, which is ironic. Microsoft will sooner or later take
>>the euthanasia route... you know... to 'help' the aging Novell, which can
>>no longer make rational decisions on its own.
>

> Man, that last sentence is spooky. Gave me chills.
>
> Their future survival lay in embracing the freedom and international
> cooperation of Linux, but look who they chose to absorbed with. Talk
> about borgian assimilation. Jezuz.
>
> MS is this great dark evil shadowy zone where good people disappear
> and good works become twisted beyond recognition. All in the name of a
> rising black line on a graph, and in the name of dark control over
> individuals.
>
> Make a great dark drama of a movie.

Makes a good novel, but a very bad Novell.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"
roy      pts/5                         Mon Mar  5 05:26 - 05:30  (00:03)