Re: philba: have bambi refuse to run on this alien OS ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 03 March 2007 16:12 \__

> From: chukst Sun Sep 29 17:16:46 1991
> To: mikedr; philba; scottq
> Subject: Bambi on DR-DOS 6.0
> Date: Sun Sep 29 17:16:39 1991
>
> I tracked down a serious incompatibility with DR-DOS 6 - They don't use
> the 'normal' device driver interface for > 32M partitions. Instead of
> setting the regular START SECTOR field to 0ffffh and then using a brand
> new 32-bit field the way MS-DOS has always done, they simply extend the
> start sector field by 16 bits.
>
> ..
>
> I've patched a version of Bambi to work with DRD6, and it seems to run
> Win 3.1 without difficulty. This same problem may have caused other
> problems with Win 3.1 and the swapfile under DRD6.
>
> It is possible to make Bambi work, assuming we can come up with a
> reasonably safe method for detecting DRD6.
> ..
>
> What do you think? Should we test further with the patched Bambi to see
> if there are any more incompatibilities?
>
> From: philba Mon Sep 30 08:15:02 1991
> To: bradsi
> Cc: davidcol
> Subject: Bambi on DR-DOS 6.0
> Date: Sat, 28 Sep 91 07:57:50 PDT
>
> hey, hey, hey ....
>
> my proposal is to have bambi refuse to run on this alien OS, comments?
>
> http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/010807/PLEX_0981.pdf

That's the part of the Iowa plaintif's collection that fits under the
"technical sabotage" category. If you can'y beat them, break them (quietly).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Swap:  1036184k total,   505036k used,   531148k free,    97776k cached