Re: [News] Corporate Web Sites Will Be Forced to Open Up to Everyone

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 19 March 2007 19:58 \__

>> Risks, disclosure, and IT
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The most obvious of these is simply that disclosure web sites will
>>| not be able to rely on the assumption that their viewers will use
>>| the same proprietary technologies the host businesses do.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| So, bottom line: open source services will become a money maker for
>>| law firms - something so absurd that it could only happen in IT, but
>>| my guess is we'll see it happen - and relatively soon too.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/?p=818
>
> It's also worth noting that the laws in the UK about accessibility have
> prevented major organisations from having proprietary-only websites.

They tried similar laws in the States, if I recall correctly, but not
everyone complies (let alone enforced the rules).

Remember FEMA?

Lost your house? Lost your kids? On the brink of death? No problem, as long
as you have paid Microsoft for a license to rent Windows.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432