Re: [News] Microsoft Fanboy Frustrated with Most Worst Month Ever

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Fanboy Frustrated with Most Worst Month Ever
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:56:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • References: <1938563.SgW8Hm38Un@schestowitz.com> <tMOdnQ_DYLGvY2bYnZ2dnUVZ_rzinZ2d@comcast.com> <yv6dnfBId4zUvmHYnZ2dnUVZ_hjinZ2d@bresnan.com> <lqltc4-m7n.ln1@news.harry.net> <pan.2007.03.17.18.17.05.274442@tiscali.co.uk> <sqotc4-2fo.ln1@news.harry.net> <pan.2007.03.17.18.35.21.785880@tiscali.co.uk> <RuSdncMOw9TF0GHYnZ2dnUVZ_rXinZ2d@bresnan.com> <i16uc4-6kh.ln1@sky.matrix> <4130769.7AronZ3DX8@schestowitz.com>
> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 17 March 2007 22:17 \__
>
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Maverick spake thusly:

>>> After all those years?  He just may have gotten laid,... finally.
>>
>> "Laid-off" more like.
>
> He said he no longer worked at the college (no further explantion given), but
> let's stop discussing him. This sort of stuff will only give him reasons to
> revisit.

I understand what you're saying, but this is a bit like having a
lingering injury, one which never quite clears up, for and then, quite
by magic (or so it seems) it heals.  It is very difficult to avoid
staring this particular gift-horse in the mouth!

>> Microsoft lost the technical argument years ago, and with the dismal
>> launch of their latest dud, there is simply nothing left for them to
>> advocate any more. Without any lead in his pencil, FUDenbusch just
>> can't get his argument to stand up, and his FUD has gone sterile.

Simple & to the point.  I can't recall the last time that there was any
worthwhile technical discussion to be had in here in terms of comparing
Windows with Linux - it was certainly a long long time ago.  The current
burning issue is the business one - how long will it take before Linux
and floss are the default choice for everyone?