Re: difference between RPC and ordinary procedure call

  • Subject: Re: difference between RPC and ordinary procedure call
  • From: spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:50:44 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Sender: Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> __/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 18 March 2007 08:40 \__

>> new_dude <yjaplomb@xxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>> hi all,
>>
>>> can our experts here tell me some difference between RPC (remote
>>> procedure call) and ordinary procedure call in two aspects:
>>> "compilation" and "call-sematics"?
>>
>> And... you're sure this isn't a homework question? Looks very much like it.
>> You're not only letting yourself down. You've let the class down, your
>> friends down, and the school down.
>>
>> Now type those keywords into google and research properly.
>>
>> Oh, and you're grounded for a week without your computer.

> That is exactly what I initially thought (an assignment), but I would
> recommend Wikipedia, not Google.

Google because you never want to rely on a single source.
And the wiki pages come up on a google search anyway.
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |   Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a    |
|                          | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| operating system originally  coded for a 4 bit |
|            in            |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that|
|     Computer Science     |        can't stand 1 bit of competition.       |