Re: [News] Novell Makes Secret Changes to Opensuse Licence

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 17 March 2007 17:14 \__

>> Open Source, but Closed Communication
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Christoph Thiel, on the release of slightly changed openSUSE 10.2 ISO
>> | images: "The reason for putting out those updated ISOs is a license
>> | issue, which had to be addressed."
>> |
>> | What license issue? For what package?
>> `----
>
> Yes indeed. This warrants some investigation.
>
>> http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2612&from=rss

I never jumped to conclusions. And apparently it was the right thing to do.

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/03/17/licence-change/#comment-437

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2007-03/msg00032.html

--
                ~~ Best wishes

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
 12:00am  up 6 days  8:03,  7 users,  load average: 0.78, 0.71, 0.37