Re: [News] Novell Makes Secret Changes to Opensuse Licence

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 18 March 2007 21:09 \__

>> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 17 March 2007 17:14 \__

>>> Yes indeed. This warrants some investigation.

>> I never jumped to conclusions. And apparently it was the right thing to
>> do.
>>
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/03/17/licence-change/#comment-437
>>
>> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2007-03/msg00032.html
>>

> Why on earth didn't they say in the first place?  This is particularly
> important when you consider the appalling behaviour of Novell recently.

As Beranger said (PJ liked that one as well), it doesn't matter what the h**k
they said in the ML. This is unacceptable for a community-driven open source
project. It seems like Novell has taken more control than ever before. It's
stuff like that which motivated people to fork Novell's Compiz and create
Beryl.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Wintendo O/S: which virus do fancy today?
roy      pts/6                         Sun Mar 18 08:55 - 08:55  (00:00)