Re: [News] YouTube Videos Can Be Viewed With Open Source Software Now

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Friday 16 March 2007 22:43 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> YOOOUUUUUTUUUUUBE
>>
>> GO Swfdec!
>>
>> http://www.advogato.org/person/company/diary.html?start=34
>
> With FireFox and the Video Downloader extension you can download them
> too...

In hindsight, I should have put the text in quotes. I wasn't expressing
exciting, but merely quoting the little bit of text in the page. YouTube
videos can also be grabbed from the command line (or front ends), using
simple script that only require the URL as an input and then convert the
output to something like AVI or MPEG4.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: stop maintenance; get more actual work done
  1:20am  up 5 days  9:23,  7 users,  load average: 1.32, 0.71, 0.69