Re: [News] Add Romania to List Of $100 Linux Laptop Countries

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 15 March 2007 16:25 \__

>> Romania bites the OLPC bait!
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Yesterday, the Prime Minister of Romania (otherwise, an intelligent guy)
>>| fell for the One Laptop Per Child project.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| In brief, the targeted audience is 1.2 million children, and the
>>| program is planned to be "operational" (what is this supposed to mean?!)
>>| on September 15.
>> `----
>>
>> http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2590&from=rss
>>

> It's quite fascinating seeing how the Microsoft campaign against OLPC
> still runs, seems to be getting ever more aggressive, and yet, like King
> Cnut, will not be able to stop the tide coming in.
>
> That article is quite amusing in its attempts to spin and fud, though.

No, the author is a Linux Guru and an icon in the Linux world. He's from
Romania, but you can truly say that he's cosmopolitan. He has always been a
critic of this project, but _DO BEAR IN MIND_ that the guy always rants,
never praises. His reviews concentrate on the negatives, which is good if
you ever want to improve (my Supervisor is like that as well).

It is most fascinating that _even_ in a country where piracy is so prevalent,
Linux remains so desirable. They want to change their ways.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Code built upon another's is less prone to bugs