Re: [News] SCO Doing Worse Than They Have People Believe (and They Lie)

  • Subject: Re: [News] SCO Doing Worse Than They Have People Believe (and They Lie)
  • From: Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:18:24 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:15:59 -0400,
 amicus_curious <acdc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

><spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> amicus_curious <ACDC@xxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>
>>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> SCO's imminent demise is foretold over and again with glee by the
>>> advocates
>>> here, presumably because SCO is thought to be some instance of a
>>> Microsoft
>>> class derivative.  However, the beat seems to continue on and on, like
>>> the
>>> Eveready Bunny.
>>
>> Oh, it's nowt to do with the microsoft connection.
>> We loath sco due to the sheer treachery of the bastards.
>> They made all their money as a linux distribution and then once they amass
>> enough to buy a unix, they shit in their own nest.
>>
>> They deserve nothing but contempt from all concerned.
>> --
> If my memory serves me well, I remember that SCO nee Caldera made all their
> money from suing Microsoft over the DR-DOS situation concurrent with the
> DOJ/states vs Microsoft case.  I don't think they made 10 cents from their

I don't think so, I think that was the "old" SCO, which became
Tarantella group or somesuch, after the "new" SCO bought them out.

> Linux sales.  I don't disagree that they are contemptible folk seeking a
> quick hit on legal system technicalities, but even so, their case continues
> in spite of the sage declarations of the posters here.

it continues, down, and down. The company's doomed. It's funny to watch.

You sound reasonable... Oops, time to up my medication