Re: Top 5 Notebooks are Linux or Unix machines

> __/ [ yttrx ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 15:24 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> __/ [ yttrx ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 13:27 \__

>>> Well, on the Internet nobody has a face. It's a big issue that was
>>> researched heavilty in the past. Micommunication on the Web (or any wire)
>>> leads to friction because 90% of it (IIRC) of communication is said to be
>>> visual. Of course, things like WoW and Second Life change this. I know
>>> some 'zombie' people whose life was transformed and transferred to these
>>> parallel universes. In China, they even have boot camps to cure people.
>>> IIT recently cut off some Internet connections because of this.
>>>

>> Yup.  I've actually (not yttrx, the guy behind yttrx) have been writing
>> about this subject for years.  I used to find it fascinating...but now
>> I just find it boring.  But it's fascinating for those who first figure
>> it out, I admit, and there are a lot of very valuble lessons to be
>> extracted from it.
>>
>>> To remove ambiguity, my E-mail's introductory phrase is humourous and my
>>> signatures always contain a greeting. We had an elaborate discussion about
>>> this in WordPress support last year. People think we're unfriendly (or
>>> l33t type).
>>>

>> The "yttrx" persona is unfriendly, and I like it that way.
>
> *LOL* @ "persona"
>
> Don't use that word. It would have people think about that most recent Robbie
> Williams video. Multiple personalities... I wonder if you dot <.> persona
> was less foul-mouthed.

Don't tell me what word to use.  I've been using "persona" to describe "yttrx"
for over a decade, bitch.  Dot was a bit less foul mouthed, but had most of
the same opinions.

The opinions of the person behind both?  Easy:

I hate everything about computers except for two things:

1. their ability to make money
2. games

Anything else is a waste of time, and honestly I'd rather be sitting under a
yew tree (or maybe a bench by cleopatra's needle) in Central Park with a little
Proust.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net