[News] Microsoft Still Goes Nowhere in High-performance Computing

Oil and Gas Industry Prefers Personal HPC Capacity, Says Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft only had a brief moment on the Top 500 supercomputer list before
| the machine was rebooted as a Linux cluster last fall.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=B2413430-EEAF-455C-9D85-706DC25D148D

The experimental setup of Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 in our Division
has thus far been embarrassing, if not abysmal. It's like alpha release, so
no wonder it's virtually free for the time being. They try to beat Linux
using guinea pigs.

Poor lads. How long before the team folds just like Zune, Origami and Live?
This was Gates' vision, but he has left the building.

Related:

Microsoft using early Vista users as guinea pigs?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://securityblog.itproportal.com/?p=646