Re: [News] Free/Libre Open Source Companies Coming to Wall Street

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "Open-source is not going away and Red Hat is the leader," Chowdhry
> | said in a telephone interview. "Oracle is a nonevent when
> | it comes to open source."

I don't think RedHat is ever going to cut it as far as being the Linux
leader.   They've been up and down the road so many times it's dizzying

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=RHT&t=5y

They basically abandoned desktop linux entirely at one point and went with
JBoss to make themselves Linux middleware-application server.   I don't
think that ever took off -- at least, any more than the basic demand that
would have been there for JBoss anyway.

The only company with /juice/ in the Linux market is Novell.