Re: [News] Antitrust Complaint Made Against Microsoft, Anonymously

> Justice Probes New Microsoft Complaint
>
> ,----[  ]
>| The U.S. Justice Department is investigating a complaint alleging that
>| Microsoft has violated the antitrust settlement it reached with the federal
>| government in 2002, according to a court filing discussed at a hearing
>| Tuesday.
>|

>| [...]
>|
>| Aaron D. Hoag, a government attorney, declined, saying the complaining
>| company has requesting it not be identified.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| Shares of Microsoft dropped 72 cents, or 2.6 percent, to close at $26.72 on
>| the Nasdaq Stock Market. Shares of Apple fell $1.47, or 1.6 percent, to
>| $88.40.
> --
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070313/microsoft_antitrust.html?.v=2
>
> A lot of companies calling out antitrust recently, in protest against
> monopoly abuse (e.g. VMWare, Adobe, IBM, Symantec, McAfee, Google, Apple).
> What about DRM, JPEG2000/HD, and OEM 'chokehold'?

I suspect that many of these organisations sense that they might just
get some traction by going this route.  Of course, in an ideal world,
they wouldn't even consider it, but then, in an ideal world, a Monopoly
like Microsoft's would never have been allowed to exist in the first
place.