[News] Antitrust Complaint Made Against Microsoft, Anonymously

Justice Probes New Microsoft Complaint

,----[  ]

--

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070313/microsoft_antitrust.html?.v=2

A lot of companies calling out antitrust recently, in protest against
monopoly abuse (e.g. VMWare, Adobe, IBM, Symantec, McAfee, Google, Apple).
What about DRM, JPEG2000/HD, and OEM 'chokehold'?

Why is the complaint filed anonymously? Are they scared of being identified?
Would they be 'punished' or retaliated against? This is reminiscent of the
articles below.

Related:

http://slated.org/bbc_microsoft_bias

What happened to the guts?

,----[ Quote ]
| Of one thing I am fairly certain. Microsoft all but eliminated
| mainstream software competition. As a result, Microsoft became
| the primary source of advertising revenue for mainstream publications.
| You don't bite the hand that feeds you. So instead of publishing
| issues calling for a worldwide boycott of Vista because it focuses
| more on what you can't do than what you can do, you see special
| editions praising Vista as the greatest advancement in computing
| since Windows 95. Granted we all know that Windows 95 was a dog
| from day one, but by the 90s, the mainstream press had already
| become rampant with Microsoft sycophants and they pushed Windows
| 95 like it was the second coming.
|
| [...]
|
| In short, I'd love to see a mainstream publication become an
| advocate for the consumer once again.
|
| As noted above, there are exceptions, including Linux Journal,
| most other FOSS-centered publications and even The Register.
| But we're the little guys.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000173

Dan Rather: Journalism has 'lost its guts'

,----[ Quote ]
| To longtime CBS broadcaster Dan Rather, American journalism in recent
| years "has in some ways lost its guts."
|
| [...]
|
| I do not exclude myself from this criticism... By and large, so
| many journalists--there are notable exceptions--have adopted
| the go-along-to-get-along (attitude)," he said.
|
| [...]
|
| "In many ways," said Rather to loud applause, "what we in journalism
| need is a spine transplant."
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-6166528.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers - $350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]