Re: [News] Linux and Windows: The Difference in Perception

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 14:08 \__

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=the_glass_ceiling_over_linux&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

>> Some very good examples there. Worth a read. Gives a chuckle.
>
> My personal favourite:
>
> .----
> | 10. Cost.
> |
> | (a) On Linux: Mysteriously, the fact that the software is free
> | somehow causes training and support costs to be 100x as much as for
> | Windows, wherever it's reported.
> |
> | (b) On Windows: Mysteriously, the additional cost for installing each
> | piece of commercial software, having to upgrade hardware, lost
> | productivity due to downtime, buying an anti-virus program, and
> | taking the box to the shop every two weeks to clean it out is never
> | mentioned anywhere.
> `----
>
> LOL! Where was this guy when we needed him on DellIdeaStorm?

I think it's a girl. Well, the layout of the site reminds me of that where a
girl postd another wonderful piece of advocacy. Maybe there's kore than a
single editor. Tuxmachines, by the way, is run solely by a Texan woman. She
does an heroic job and attracts about 20,000 people a day.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    while (sig==sig) sig=!sig;
Swap:  1036184k total,   313952k used,   722232k free,    53472k cached