Re: [News] Has Another Microsoft Project Collapsed?

> R.I.P.: Project Green, 2003-2007
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | As conceived in 2003, Project Green is dead. Whatever can be called
> | its status today--live, dead or comatose--Microsoft's Dynamics
> | integration has shifted from the horizontal to vertical, with
> | Office above and server software below.
> |
> | Project Green, we barely got to know you.
> `----
>
> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/business_applications/rip_project_green_2003_2007.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
>
> The Microsoft blog does not appear to fully agree, so I have appended a
> question mark to the subject line.

They're supposed to have a new product coming out in 2008, but frankly I
think they're wasting their time going up against SAP. MS are well out
of their league on this one. Even at the other end of the scale, you
have the likes of OSCommerce and other FOSS projects nibbling away at
the lower end. Frankly, MS don't stand a chance in this sector.

Maybe MS should concentrate on something that might actually pay off, by
plugging more resources into something that is desperately needed, like
their Systems and Performance Group (now merged into the Cambridge
Systems Group).

But then, as Sweaty B. likes to remind us, people (sheep) don't upgrade
for bug fixes, they spend money on buzzwords and hype, which is probably
where most of their money is actually going.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5
 13:57:42 up 23 days,  1:23,  2 users,  load average: 1.37, 1.31, 1.36