Re: [News] Dell Asks Which Linux Distro We Want

__/ [ Paul Hovnanian P.E. ] on Wednesday 14 March 2007 03:25 \__

> Pick any one. We (the Linux community) will benefit because:
>
> 1) the h/w support issue will be addresed. If a user wants to switch and
> open source drivers are available, porting them to a different distro
> will be easy.
>
> 2) no Windows tax.

Some people might be upset if Novell (with 'protection' free) got chosen. I
suppose you could offer a 'quick restore'-type CD/s and deliver the machine
in a state which leaves room for choice, as well as a convenient fallback.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

In a perfect world, all high-velocity impacts make fine orange juice
Mem:    514480k total,   484588k used,    29892k free,     8332k buffers