[News] Microsoft Executive Says Microsoft Relies on Piracy's Benefits

Microsoft Exec Admits That Company Benefits From Piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| Jeff Raikes, head of the company's business group, said at a
| recent investor conference that while the company is against
| piracy, if you are going to pirate software, it hopes you pirate
| Microsoft software. He cited the above reasoning, noting that
| users of pirated Microsoft software are likely to purchase from
| the company later on.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20070312/165448.shtml

The whole DRM excuse goes down the chute as well. And Ballmer was lying.

"Piracy reduction can be a source of Windows revenue growth"

,----[ Quote ]
| It's perfectly reasonable to expect people to save up for two months to
| buy Vista, Steve. Really. You'd be willing to spend $150,000 of your
| money on Vista Basic, wouldn't you? I'm sure all you need to do is
| tighten those screws, and the giant Chinese turnip will start
| squirting sweet, sweet blood to sustain you.
`----

http://wilshipley.com/blog/2007/02/piracy-reduction-can-be-source-of.html

Ballmer hints at tougher Vista antipiracy crackdown

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.arnnet.com.au/index.php/id;7680622;fp;16;fpid;1