[News] Ubuntu Linux Not the Only Game in Town; It Gets Even Easier

Review of Ubuntu 7.04 Alpha 5 (Feisty Fawn)

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 7.04 Herd 5 is a good look into what to expect from the
| upcoming release from (arguably) the most popular distro on the
| planet and it seems to be making steps in the right direction, but
| I can't help but think that more good can be found with PCLOS or
| Mepis. It's absolutely worth a look and probably the best starting
| point for users fresh from XP due to sheer size of the community.
| So it's worth a look but it's probably not worth existing Ubuntu
| users abandoning their LTS Dapper release for.
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/review_of_ubuntu_704_alpha_5_feisty_fawn

Related:

Ubuntu 7.04 Alpha 3 - Installation

,----[ Quote ]
| Final Thoughts
|
|     * This whole experience has been too cool. My complements to the
|       Ubuntu team for putting 7.04 together. If this is an Alpha release
|       then I can't wait for the betas or the final release.
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/02/ubuntu-704-alpha-3-installation.html

A Vista vs. Linux Matchup - Part 4: Software Wars - Bundled Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately for Microsoft and Vista, Windows Mail is in no way,
| shape, or form the equal of Evolution.
|
| [...]
|
| In balance, though, up to this point, I still see MEPIS as being
| the software leader. Not only does it give you better programs --
| Firefox and Evolution -- it offers you more choice from the moment
| you fire it up on your PC.
`----

http://desktoplinux.com/articles/AT5191206626.html

A Vista vs. Linux Matchup