[News] KDE and GNOME Get Together; Alternative File Manager for GNOME

GUADEMY: GNOME+KDE Hackmeeting

,----[ Quote ]
| The GUADEMY GNOME+KDE Hack-meeting is ready. The  program has been
| published for the first edition of the first Hack-meeting about
| GNOME+KDE organized by GPUL.
`----

http://gnomedesktop.org/node/2958

Thunar : Versatile and Impressive replacement for Nautilus file manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Thunar is a file manager that is shipped by default with XFCE and is
| a integral part of XFCE desktop environment . Thunar is developed by
| Benedikt Meurer and has been named after the god Thor of Norse
| mythology . It is similar to Nautilus but uses much less resource
| as compared to Nautilus , and in fact one of the goals of creating
| Thunar was to create a file manager that was fast , clean and easy to use .
`----

http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2007/03/thunar-versatile-and-impressive.html

Related:

Dolphin browses archives

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I took some time and added new functionality to a great new
| KDE's file manager - Dolphin. In KDE4 Dolphin will be the main file
| manager and in KDE3 it is the main file manager only if you setup
| KDE like I did (change "inode/directory" in KControl-> Components->
| FileAssignments to point to Dolphin as a preferred
| application).
`----

http://brcha.blogspot.com/2007/03/dolphin-browses-archives.html

Dolphin gets a treeview, krunner gets prettier

,----[ Quote ]
| Peter Penz committed a treeview for dolphin to SVN today. It really angers
| me to watch people piss and moan about that whole situation when
| 4.0 is months away and when they aren't going to be losing a damn
| thing since Konqueror is still there and still maintained.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2007/03/dolphin-gets-treeview-krunner-gets.html

The Road to KDE 4: Dolphin and Konqueror

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1172721427/